Hello June

Sooooooo.

What's up? How are you? I'm tired. And often emotional. And always hungry. But other than that things are ticking along nicely.

I have been working on re-doing the ol' Etsy shop and trying to figure out what pieces of artwork I'd like to sell. So far I have some postcards and puns and I'd really like a few prints to make people feel summery and warm.

I just finished up 2 A3 size prints which I'm really excited about: Trees and Birds.

I spent a long time researching the different elements and details of each and I'm really proud of the results. I think I wanted to make them as when I was a teacher I found that my children couldn't name most of the most common plants and animals found in the UK. It was startling to walk around and discover that no-one could spot an oak tree or tell the difference between a blackbird and a crow.

My third print in the series will be 'Flowers' to showcase some of our wildflowers here in the UK but that's on the back burner for a while so that I don't get nature burn out! Maybe something for the summer holiday sketchbook. (Note to self: must by a small holiday sketchbook!)

I'm also still thinking about reviving my youtube channel, though the comments section can be brutal! My reasoning is that I watch videos of people who have successful illustrating careers and online shops but you never see them getting there - they always start once they have built up their shops etc and it might be nice to see the process from the ground (literally) up.

Or potentially it will be a one woman show to see the pitiful attempts of an early thirties art grad selling one print a year and shopping postcards around the town.

Who knows if you don't try eh???

Anyway - here are the new prints. Hope you like them. xxxx


Comments