New Art!

I've been MIA from this little slice of the internet for a few weeks. Several reasons...

1. I've been doing a few commissions for weddings, baby showers etc and don't feel it's right to share the artwork as someone has specially paid for it.

2. Little hiccup has decided not to nap during the day anymore, napping is for wimps. Ride or die.

3. We are doing up our house little and often but it often means outings to Homebase, B&Q and Dunelm.

However I have managed a couple of personal projects in the hour after baby is put to bed! I'm working on promoting my artwork more and putting together the bits and pieces I need to open an online shop. Sometimes it feels like I'm starting from a mile behind everyone else; this is a new career path, I'm older, I graduated a long, long time ago however I try to stay away from that particular rabbit hole of worries and just keep pushing forward. I try to remember that someone, somewhere will like my work, just as I like and purchase particular artists that I admire. I try not to compare my work to those that I see online and instead take inspiration from them to keep going. The star I'm aiming for is to be a happy little local artist, making some money to help our growing family and making York a prettier place one picture at a time. The planet that is miles beyond that star is to write a picture book. Stillllll working on that one!

Ah self doubt, what a great feeling.

Here's what I've done this week.

The New York Project...

The Zoltar machine from the film 'Big'. Not technically a famous location but an important prop from a NYC film nonetheless.

A coffee machine and doughnut shop - ideas for my picture book.

Comments