Portfolio Update

Happy Monday morning!

This morning the baby has been sleeping for hours as we had a busy weekend so I've been able to begin work on updating my portfolio (www.elidillon.com).

I have a personal project called The New York Project. As I've been drawing York architecture being a local York artist I thought it might be nice to pair those pictures with famous locations in New York City.

I started with the set from Rear Window - an Alfred Hitchcock film starring James Stewart and Grace Kelly (and my all time favourite film). Though this isn't a real location, it was an epic set building on a multi floored stage, it was designed to be in the Greenwich Village area of Manhattan.


I'm updating that project with 3 new pictures -

Katz's Delicatessen - the famous location seen in When Harry Met Sally
Hook and Ladder Company 8 - the fire station seen in Ghostbusters
Holly's Apartment building - from Breakfast at Tiffanys

There are others on the horizon, perhaps The Plaza, seen in Home Alone Lost in New York and the Empire State Building seen in Sleepless in Seattle.

Anyway - hope you like the sketches and wish me luck to fit the final pieces into the next few nap times!




Enjoy the great weather!
Eli

Comments